SERVICES FOR COMPANIES, INSTITUTIONS AND WORKPLACES
Streituskólinn's specialists and consultants undertake to service companies and workplaces with a wide range of advice, specialized solutions and education.
- Stress prevention
- Status measurements and advice
- Special support, advice and specialized guidance for managers
- Team coaching and team coaching
- Consulting on human resources and corporate culture
- Prevention plans
- Psychosocial occupational health and safety:
1. Psychosocial risk assessment.
2. Analysis and processing of bullying cases.
4. Communication consulting.
5. Guidance and coaching.
Service elements for smaller companies
For companies that do not have a human resources department. Summary of factors that must be present in companies in order to fulfill the legal obligation for psychosocial occupational safety and health. Our specialist evaluates the company and gives advice.
Service elements for medium and large companies
Stress measurement: Measurement of stress level and well-being of employees is made.
Prevention plan: It helps to make plans for how to deal with stress.
Specialized service components for larger companies
Psychosocial risk assessment: An anonymous survey is conducted of employees' mental well-being and education is provided on mental health promotion and health protection.
Action plans: Plans to respond to bullying and violence.
Initiatives: Advice to companies that are making changes to their work culture, shift schedule or working hours.
It is important to make prevention plans to protect the health of employees and managers and ensure normal communication and prevent bullying or gender-based violence. Such prevention work is bound by law and it is important that managers and employees have knowledge of such matters and know in advance how to deal with them.
Streituskólinn's specialists are recognized by the State Occupational Safety and Health Administration to prepare prevention plans according to Art. at the request of management and human resources managers of companies. In the case of a company that does not have a human resources department, Streituskólinn's consultants can make a proposal for a prevention plan in collaboration with the management.
Prevention plans include planning on how best to ensure hygiene in the workplace and how to respond in the event of serious problems such as bullying or gender-based harassment.
In companies where workload is high, it is possible to measure stress. The purpose is for each employee to better understand their own level of stress in order to be able to respond better. Such measurements also provide company and institutional managers with tools to ensure the well-being of employees through preventive measures, better organization and easier planning of human resources managers.
Stress measurement is first performed for the entire company at once and is done anonymously to ensure privacy and give a good overall picture of the situation. Everyone gets a questionnaire to answer on their computer. Further assessment and individual is then possible to do as a result. This is done in three interviews with the stress counselor at the Stress School.
In the case of initiatives that affect all employees, it is important and professional to make a plan for how such projects are carried out.
Examples include mergers, corporate restructuring or services, and major streamlining measures. Also group redundancies, transfers, special peak hours or in the event of a serious illness such as Covid-19 or a mold-related illness.
Psychosocial risk assessment (process)
- The project presented
- Introductory meetings for further presentations. The meetings are held this week after the target mail has been sent out. In larger companies, it is appropriate to hold more than one introductory meeting to reach all employees.
- Questionnaire submission. Assessment questions are sent to all employees' work computers. Processing is anonymous which ensures privacy and gives a more honest response in the case of bullying or gender-based violence.
- Data is collected and processing begins.
- Results returned to management.
- Presentation of results for employees.
- Make a plan for psychosocial occupational safety, empowerment, possible changes or interventions as appropriate.
- Education. All employees receive specialized prevention education based on the results of the risk assessment. The 6th presentation of the results and the 7th education could be combined.
It is important to follow up on education and possible proposals with educational meetings after 6 months and 12 months.